Friday 25 May 2012

May 25 Ridgetown Farm Report

Hi everyone! so, a few of you have been bugging me for a post (ahem, taryn, dave, and erik haha) so in typical lazy summer fashion, I thought I would throw up some pictures for you of things around the farm!



Soybeans are up and looking good!


My home farm from the top of the "leg", an 105 foot elevator leg that connects all of the bins. 






The house my dad and all the uncles grew up in, just down the road from my farm! In fact, many of the Vyn's live within a five mile radius of each other.  

Is that the Taj Mahal? Nope, just the bins ;) 

Corn's growing fast and at a 5 leaf stage, got a ways to go to get "knee high by the 4th of July"

These are anhydrous tanks, rented from the local co-op. Anhydrous is injected into the soil providing nitrogen to the growing corn crop. 


Sometimes it's hard to believe how much farming has changed over the years. When I look at our base farm I am overwhelmed with the technology, the new machinery, the GPS systems, the sprays, and computer screens. But when it comes down to it, we're still simply growing plants and depending on the Lord's blessing for a harvest. 

Dad watching the sun go down on another day in paradise :) 

"Stop" in at "Vyn Farms" !!



No comments:

Post a Comment